This is one of the most dangerous foods in the world. Find out what it is.
Dr Eric Berg
0:00 Introduction: The top dangerous food in the world
0:10 Factors that can shorten your lifespan
1:10 The truth about vegetable oil
2:27 The problem with vegetable oil
6:03 Learn more about butter!
Sugar is bad. But, there is a food that is way worse than sugar.
Certain factors can shorten your lifespan—these factors include:
• Severe obesity
• Heavy smoking
• Vegetable oils
• Physical inactivity
• Heavy drinking
• Moderate smoking
• Excess sugar
• Processed meat
• Air pollution
• Red meat
Vegetable oils are one of the most dangerous foods you could include in your diet—even worse than sugar.
Vegetable oil isn’t really oil from vegetables. It’s mostly made from seeds, legumes, and grains.
Key points on vegetable oils:
- Over 30% of our calories come from vegetable oil
- They contain highly inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids
- Restaurants typically use a lot of vegetable oil
- One study on unsaturated fats (vegetable oil) found that there was an increased death rate of all causes by 62% when compared to saturated fats
- Only severe obesity and heavy smoking are more dangerous than vegetable oils
- One study showed an 86% increase in heart attacks, and after seven years, the number of strokes and heart attacks increased by seven times
- One study showed an increased risk of cancer by 82%
- Deep-fried foods are some of the worst because the oil is often reheated
Consider replacing your vegetable oils with olive oil, butter, ghee, coconut oil, tallow, or lard.
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, age 57, is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of the best-selling book The Healthy Keto Plan, and is the Director of Dr. Berg Nutritionals. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.